New from AQX - FloatFit Training and Certification Course
AQX FloatFit Practical Pool Training
Can come to you!
Get in touch to set a course date.
What is FloatFit?
FloatFit is a new trend in fitness programming.
Performing exercises on an unstable, floating platform is exciting! FloatFit exercises target balance, core strength, flexibility, and cardiovascular fitness.
People can attend FloatFit training for personal interest or to prepare to instruct FloatFit pool classes. General fitness programs or specialized exercise like yoga, can be conducted on a floating board or mat ("Float").
FloatFit pool classes can be used to prepare people for stand up paddling on SUP boards. However, using a SUP board in open water requires further training - beyond the scope of this program.
FloatFit online dryland introductory course must be completed before registering for Floatfit practical pool training.
FloatFit Practical Course Learning Objectives:
- Define suitable participants for FloatFit classes.Discuss class management and practice teaching strategies.
- Summarize exercise goals and guidelines for FloatFit pool classes.
- List guidelines for safe use of floats (boards / mats) in pools.
- Define inappropriate exercises / uses of the float.
- Outline FloatFit class and program designs including: adaptations for warm water versus recreational pool temperatures; scheduling recommendations; consideration of pool characteristics; class template.
- Review FloatFit program options and consider suitability specific to your facility and participant population.
- Engage in FloatFit class planning and practice teaching, emphasizing exercise objectives and class flow.
Complete the FloatFit online dryland introductory course. This course prepares you for the FloatFit practical workshop or certification course. The FloatFit online course includes a short theory exam and includes a certificate of completion.
Please complete your FloatFit online training at least a week in advance of your FloatFit practical course participation.
Attend or request a FloatFit practical course at your facility. The FloatFit course requires adequate floats for participants, classroom and pool time. Ideally, pool time will be 1.5 hours late morning; 1.5 hours late afternoon. A suitable classroom will be used during the rest of the day.
Facility managers interested in hosting FloatFit training should get in touch about pricing and registration options.
Successful completion of FloatFit online and practical training leads to Level 1 FloatFit Certification.
Anyone can take FloatFit training for personal interest or continuing education, rather than certification.
Level 2 FloatFit Certification requires Level 1 Cert + ≥1 year of instructional experience and a practical assessment by an AQX FloatFit Master Trainer (assessment fee required)